To provide leadership for the wise use of taxpayer resources that will ensure the health and safety needs of SMFR’s front-line staff as they protect people and property and provide best-in-class services to the residents of the district.
About South Metro Fire Rescue
SMFR is a public trust and a critical resource for the communities it serves. It is also a large, complex organization where training, culture and accreditation are of paramount importance.
As a result, it is essential that the people who oversee SMFR on the Board of Directors have the skills and experience to set proper policies and administer large budgets.
Bringing Extensive Skills and Experience
I will bring both those skills and experience to the Board.
My name is Bruce Stahlman and I am running for election on May 2nd to the SMFR Board in District 4. I have more than 40 years of corporate finance experience. I also had seven years of direct experience with Littleton Fire Rescue as Littleton City Council liaison prior to the merger with SMFR.
In that capacity, I was a long-standing and strong advocate for the community and for the fire service.
I will provide that same leadership for the wise use of taxpayer funds while ensuring the health and safety of SMFR’s front line staff as they provide best-in-class services to our constituents. My experience, combined with both professional and civic credentials, testify to my ability to accomplish this goal.
I harbor no interest in holding other offices. This is not a stepping-stone to higher office for me. Rather, I want to perform an important job that is the culmination of a career spent in service as I continue to pay forward many blessings with gratitude.
- South Metro Professional Firefighters Local 2086
- Cindy Hathaway – Immediate Past SMFR Director, District 4
- Laura Simon, former SMFR Board Chair
- David Ortiz – Colorado State Representative, HD38
- Doug Tisdale – RTD Director, Former Mayor Cherry Hills Village
- Carrie Warren-Gully – Arapahoe Country Commissioner
- Pete Barrett, South Suburban Parks and Recreation Board
- Kyle Schlachter – Littleton Mayor
- Gretchen Rydin – Littleton Mayor Pro Tem
- Steve Barr – Littleton Council Member
- Kelly Milliman – Littleton Council Member
- Jerry Valdes – Littleton Council Member and Former Mayor
- Frances Owens – Former Colorado First Lady
- Joe Rice – Former Colorado State Representative, HD38
- Kent Bagley – Former RTD Commissioner
- Deb Brinkman – Former Littleton Mayor
- Phil Cernanac – Former Littleton Mayor
- Pat Cronenberger – Former Littleton Mayor
- John Ostermiller – Former Littleton Mayor
- Dennis Reynolds – Former Littleton Mayor
- Jim Taylor – Former Littleton Mayor
- Susan Thornton – Former Littleton Mayor
- Bill Hopping – Former Littleton Council Member
- LaDonna Jurgensen – Former Littleton Council Member
- Recebba Kast – Former Littleton Council Member
- Jim Woods – Former Littleton City Manager
- Charlie Blosten – Former Littleton Public Works Director
- Tim Nimz – Littleton Historical Museum Director
- Lucinda Hundley, Former Littleton Public School Asst Superintendent and Executive Director of the Colorado Consortium of Directors of Special Education
- Sue Chandler – Former Littleton Public School Board
- Mary McGlone – Former Littleton Public School Board, President
- Carol Meredith – Former Executive Director, The Arc of Arapahoe Douglas
Past and Present Service Organizations
Littleton City Council, Mayor Pro Tem
City of Littleton Fire Rescue Partners Liason
City of Littleton Planning Commission
City of Littleton Historic Preservation Board
City of Littleton Fine Arts Board Liason
Atlantis Community Foundation Board
Domino Service Dogs Board
Friends of the Littleton Library and Museum Board, President
Rotary Club of Littleton
The Arc of Arapahoe and Douglas Board, Treasurer